Welcome to our Lipid Profile [MLLP] package, a comprehensive set of tests designed to provide valuable insights into your cardiovascular health. In just 10 minutes, our expert technicians will analyze crucial lipid markers at an affordable rate of £51.00. This package covers Cholesterol, HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein), LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein), Triglycerides, and Non-HDL cholesterol levels.
- Price: £ 51
- Code: MLLP
- What it is: Cholesterol is a fatty substance essential for building cells and producing certain hormones.
- Why it matters: High cholesterol levels can lead to plaque buildup in arteries, increasing the risk of heart disease.
- What it is: HDL is often referred to as “good” cholesterol as it helps remove other forms of cholesterol from your bloodstream.
- Why it matters: Higher levels of HDL are associated with a lower risk of heart disease.
- What it is: LDL is often referred to as “bad” cholesterol as it can contribute to plaque buildup in arteries.
- Why it matters: Elevated LDL levels increase the risk of heart disease.
What they are: Triglycerides are a type of fat that circulates in your bloodstream.
Why they matter: High triglyceride levels are linked to an increased risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular problems.
What it is: Non-HDL cholesterol includes all cholesterol except HDL.
Why it matters: Non-HDL cholesterol provides a comprehensive view of cholesterol-related risks.
The Lipid Profile is a routine blood test with minimal risks. Some people may experience minor bruising or soreness at the needle site.
Maintaining a healthy diet, regular exercise, and avoiding smoking can contribute to better lipid levels. Your healthcare provider can offer personalized recommendations.
Fasting is often required for accurate results. Typically, you will be asked not to eat or drink anything other than water for 9-12 hours before the test.